Pitza oven X-10

  • Subject: Pitza oven X-10
  • From: "Robert Crawshaw" <robert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:28:48 +0100

Lo people

I have have been given the task of automating a Pitza oven, and and am
struggling for a 'cheap' way to do it.

Basically, the bloke who ownes the pitza shop has to 'go in' early just to
switch the oven on so that it is up to temperature for opening time, and
there is very little he can do until it warms up, so he wants some kind of
timer to make it come on on its own so he doesnt have to turn up hours
before the shop opens.
I was thinking of a AD10 and a mini timer, until he told me the size of the
oven.....8KW  which will be approx 35Amps  way too much for the AD10 to
handle.
I havent seen anything X-10 wise that will handel that kind of current
So i thought of using a contactor similar to the ones used on electric
motor
starters that will handel 35A, with a 240v coil, and the coil of the
contactor connected to either an AD10 or AM10 and again controlled by the
mini timer.
Problem with that is the price of a suitable contactor and  overload was
about £75.00  plus the cost of a mini timer AND the LD/AD 10   price is
getting a bit steep that way..

Any ideas/pointers greatfully received

Cheers

Robert Crawshaw                 http://www.golcar.demon.co.uk

The release of Windows 2000 has been put back to the first quarter of 1901

we work for a company that has global reach yet can't scratch it's own arse