RE: Re: Kieran's comments was Last Night in London?

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Kieran's comments was Last Night in London?
  • From: "Broadfoot, Kieran J" <Kieran.Broadfoot@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 10:26:30 +0100

I didnt finish at the office last night till 9 hence my lack of responses!
I agree a small web front end on each device might be a good thing to have.
I could help you write the cgi stuff if you like.  But it opens an
interesting question.  Do we need any central management software at all?
If we can provide an interface on each device which uses a similar set of
management techniques..i.e similar urls and parameters etc do we need to
provide extra functionality?  Anyone could write their own interface from
hv, vb, comfort etc and then it opens the realm of possibiities of what
people can do with the system.  Its an extreme version of the library idea
had on thursday.

anyone have an opinion on this? (and this should include those who are
thinking of buying one of these!)

thanks
kieran