RE: Re: Windoze reliability

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Windoze reliability
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:57:54 +0100

Definately the case.

My Jukebox machine just has Win98SE PWS (soon to be Win2K Server IIS)and
apart from the odd wobbly when it boots up wanting to use the non existant
monitor instead of TV its fine.

My Desktop (Win98SE) takes ages to boot and ages to shutdown due to all the
crud running and stuff that has been installed and is no longer used etc.
Also crashes when I do just a bit too much. Hope to replace with a 1Gig
Athlon later this year :-)

Sharons desktop machine (Win98) just used for browsing the net and a few
kiddies CD's shuts down in about 10 seconds.

Laptop - Creaks all the time - often fails to shutdown. Due to be rebuilt
when i find time.

Keith