RE: Re: Kieran's comments was Last Night in London?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Kieran's comments was Last Night in London?
  • From: "Darren Henderson" <shmern@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:12:41 +0100

>I am not against them for HA as some form of control element or
>console I just would not trust them to do the lot. Also pc's at home
>tend to get allsorts of junk loaded on them.....Darling I am just
>going to reboot the house again....
>
>John

ahh but thats the whole thing, you do NOT just install junk on the server,
clean OS install and just the apps to do the controlling.

Thats it, I mean in a corporate environment thats what happens (or should).
The servers are untouchable after they are setup.

My Win2K box is so stable it surprised me, The only time it goes down is
when I SP it or upgrade one of the apps (Homeseer etc..).

So if don't just treat the server as a desktop pc then it will be stable.

Now I agree if you could get a piece of dedicated hardware (like HV) to be
as flexible as a pc with homeseer then I'd go for it, but until you guys
build it I'll stick with a pc ;o)

Darren