RE: DNS problems

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DNS problems
  • From: "Mark Kaye" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:32:07 +0100

Sounds like you're having problems with the priority with which you are
accessing DNS servers.  There will be a 10 second or so delay per server
if responses are not being met, after which it will move to the next in
the list to query.  Try changing the order of the DNS servers in
WinRoute.  The probable reason it works after a browser quit is that, by
that time, the DNS server you eventually succeeded in contacting has
responded.  Of course, in the meanwhile the browser has timed out and
given up :)

May or may not be what's happening - but worth a try.