RE: Irrigation

Thanks for this Ian, just what I what I was looking for.

and it will fit onto 15mm pipe too... it just gets better.... :-)

From: Ian B [mailto:I.Bird@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 June 2001 14:06
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Irrigation

>Also was looking at using an electric heating valve (Screwfix :-) .
>url - http://www.screwfix.com/product.phtml?4954)
to turn my garden
>water on and off,

I have just turned on my irrigation system at home so I don't have to do
the
watering - I hate it.

I have used 12 volt water valves from RS as they are 12 volt for safety and
have a BSP thread which means I can mate them to other plumbing and
watering
kit. The RS number is 342-023 and they also do the mating copper bit
363-6517. They cost 9.43 and about 1.45 respectively + VAT of course
(www.rswww.com).

I have 4 all lined up and connected to a single tap. I found that it is
best
to only turn on one at a time because of the water pressure. Mine are
linked
through to hoselock stuff so SWMBO can cope. I also plan to have manual
on/off switches on them working through HomeVision input ports.

To power them I have a 12 volt transformer and reed relays. I then use the
relay outputs from HomeVision to trigger the relays. HV may be fine on its
own but better safe than sorry.

They have only been operating for about two days but so far so good. I have
even bought two more valves so I don't have to mix 'leaky hose' watering
with the 'lots of little jets' variety. I found the pressure drop was
annoying. My garden is 100' long to give you an idea.

Ian

This message is confidential and intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s) only and remains the property of
Exchange FS Group plc. You should not disclose its contents
to any other person. If you are not the intended recipient
please notify the sender named above immediately.

Registered Office: Munro House, Portsmouth Road, Cobham,
Surrey, KT11 1TE. Registered in England No. 2596452