Re: Outlook Help

Thanks Doogie it worked a treat.

Alancc
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 7:52 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Outlook Help

OE stores a .dbx file for each folder you have.

If you do a search on your data drive for files called foldername.dbx (eg. UKHA.dbx) then you'll know that the folder is still there with all the data inside, for a kickoff :-)

To put it back in after a reinstall.......... I seem to recall doing the following......... either change folder location (tools/options/maintenance/store folder/change) to the location were all the existing .dbx files are, which might put them back into your Outlook identity. - Make a backup copy of them first just incase.....!

The other method I think I've used is to identify the new store location, (tools/options/maintenance/store folder), and copy the .dbx there... if it doesn't pick it up, make a new folder called the same name, then close down OE, and replace the new .dbx with your original one.

Hope some of that makes sense/ helps a bit. As with all of these things, buyer beware, YMMV etc, as things might've changed since the last time I did this type of thing (6-12 months ago.....) depends on versions etc.....

Cheers

Doogie