Re: Wireless Speakers?

> Mark McCall wrote:
>
> Have a mate looking for wireless speakers.  Anyone got advice or good
> source?

I got some cheap 900MHz ones - similar to the recoton ones that are all
over ebay etc - there was _loads_ of interferance on it, and the tuning
on both the TX and RX was an analog twidley knob like on a cheap FM
radio.

They _always_ went out of tune, and the sound quality was not up to
much. I suspect that it may have simpy used FM MPX encoding for the
stereo as it definatly did not like high end treble going into the TX -
I tried boosting it up in winamp to compensate for the crap sound. It
made weird noises like when I overdrive the input to my cheap
sound-feeder. About the same range too..