OT: bit of VB help anyone?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: OT: bit of VB help anyone?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:46:32 +0100

Hey chaps, (and honorary chaps)

Anyone answer a quickie VB query for me?

It's sort of topical, as I'm playing with a winamp COM control in VB, with
view to knocking up some jukebox interface for my MP3 collection...

Basically I am using the "DirListBox" control (actually 2 of
them) on a
form, but I want to use the "click" event, rather than the
"change" event to
set the path in the second DirlistBox to the directory that's just been
clicked in the first.. (do you follow me?)

Let me explain it another way, in the DirlistBox control, one normally
double-clicks on a directory in the list to set that directory as the path,
which then automatically expands that directory, showing the next level of
subdirectories and so on. (pretty much like in a standard file..open browse
dialog). I want it to behave like in Windows explorer, whereby there is a
left hand pane and a right hand pane, and I only have to single-click on
any
directory on the left to set that directory as the path displayed in the
right pane...

Trouble is, I can't figure out what syntax to use in the "click"
event on
the first listbox to make the clicked directory become the path of the 2nd
listbox...

Anybody know the answer?

TIA

Paul G.