RE: Power Consumption

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Power Consumption
  • From: "James Hoye" <james.hoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:44:08 +0100

This email was delivered to you by The Free Internet,
a Business Online Group company. http://www.thefreeinternet.net
> Probably average 100W. After all, most PSU's are rated as 250-350 W
>
> 100W isnt a lot but if you have 4 PC running 24/7 then in a quarter it
is

> 0.4*24*91 = 873.6 kwH which even at 5p per unit is £43-68 so
about right
> then.
>
> My electricity bill is about £40 per month :-(

Just had mine in and gone to check their estimated against my actual....

Feck, we've used 1619 units against their estimated 700 and for Economy7
557
against their 260.  That means that I've got a bill for 120 quid instead of
62.  Where does it all go?  We  are paying 23.50 a month via direct debit -
I guess that's about to be nearer 30-35 quid.

I was about to blame Keith's soldering iron for his consumption, but I
think
I need to look closer to home!

James H