Consumer Units

  • To: "UKHA Group" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Consumer Units
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 14:42:52 +0100

Hi, whilst at HomeBase I looked at the Consumer Units. They had a split
load
(or something like that) 11 way box for around 100GBP and an 11 way box for
25GBP, can someone tell me what this means?

I have an old house which has just had a new Digital Meter with an isolator
switch fitted with view to having a modern Consumer Fitted by the
professionals. then I wanted to be able to take power from this to a
consumer unit (or 2) at Node 0, I am not sure if this is a DIY job or not,
do not have a problem with wiring as long as I have a diagram to follow (I
could not design the house wiring from scratch).

Would I be right in thinking the AD10 fits into these DIN rail boxes?

I'm starting to get things together now and would like to start wiring
things but want to do it properly from the start, there are something's you
do not bodge in a house!

Any info would be most gratefully received.

Thanks,

B.