RE: DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!! 4" LCD screens...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!! 4" LCD screens...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 17:31:56 +0100

Ah well ... it was worth a try. Thanks for checking it out Keith.

I'll carry on looking out for displays ... M****n are doing several LCD
display modules that are pretty expensive but should be useable. I'm trying
to remember where I saw a 6.4" display for about £300 IIRC. It's a
shame
that www.lcd-tft.com went under as they had some nice displays very cheap!
(Of course that's possibly why they went under!)

Phil

Games
> Console is the fact that they use dedicated hardware to produce
stunning
> graphics.
>
> Having just seen a PS1 with LCD display attached the resulting image
was
> less than impressive. In fact it was complete Pants!
>
> The on screen instructions were almost illegible. Given that
> several people
> on the list have Pronto, iPaq, Cassiopia, Jordana etc which also have
> similar sized screen, you would not be at all happy with the display.
>
> It would be nice to find a relaible, reasonable cheap source of Colour
LCD
> modules and I will continue to look, but I dont believe the PS1
Monitor is