RE: Philips Pronto

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Philips Pronto
  • From: Mike Griffiths <mike@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 11:56:17 +0100

Download as many other people’s config files as possible

http://www.remotecentral.com/

http://www.prontoedit.com/

See which style suites you best

This way you’ll save a lot of time and energy not having to change everything half way through

Make one config file for yourself that is clinical but has all your remote control codes in, use this as a safety reference

Remember you can open multiply Prontoedits and Copy and paste between them

Always include some where in each device setting the model # and manufacturer

When you are beginning save each new config to a different name

Get the mechanics right first then make it pretty

Keep all your Icons in one place

Try to name all learnt codes, its amazing how easily you forget what you did 4 months earlier

Try always to alias back to a master set of codes for each device, that was if you change a piece of kit you only have to change the master codes not rewrite the schedule

Use the macros for one or two often used panels, that way it is easy to flip between two screens

Use the home screen for what it is , your general starting point

Keep an eye on battery level when you are uploading a lot

Always save your work

If you do hit a problem upload from Pronto and save under new name.

When programming use the emulator to check , you’ll save loads of time

Have fun but remember other people might NEED to use it J

Mike

Sent from Home