RE: OT: New Speed Camera's

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: New Speed Camera's
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:59:07 +0100

Likewise.

We have a demo system at work which reads numberplates as people drive in
the main gate to the site as <5mph. It doesnt always read it right even
with
good lighting.

To read a number plate at 60+mph would need some pretty serious CPU time.

"Upto 500 metres apart".... at 60mph this is about 16 seconds
maximum for
the calculation to be made. At the same time the system would probably have
another 30 vehicles it was trying to track under the cameras.

Radar speed detection and Still frame analasis of a speeding vehicle would
be MUCH simpler and the system would only deal with speeding vehicles
rather
than looking at every vehicle as would be the case with what is described
below.

My opinion is "Urban Myth" or attempt to clog email systems just
like virus
hoaxes.

Keith