RE: 110V light bulbs wanted

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: 110V light bulbs wanted
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:28:19 +0100

Any building site is full of 110V lighting. For safety reasons everything
has to be 110V so there should be no problem getting hold of them.

Likewise they also have some hefty 110V transformers so you could put a
110v
transformer at your consumer unit on the lighting circuit, change all the
bulbs to 110V fit the US switches and you are in business.

Converting back would be easy, Change the bulbs, fit normal switches,
remove
the transformer.

One thing to bear in mind though it that a 110V 60W bulb draws twice as
much
current as a 220/240V 60W bulb so the total allowable wattage on your
lighting circuit will be halved. Typically 720W instead of 1440W (assuming
6A rated cable)

Keith