110V light bulbs wanted

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: 110V light bulbs wanted
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <tivo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:48:17 +0100

Haven't researched this well but is there an easy source of 110V standard
lamp bulbs say 60W in the UK at reasonable prices. I use a couple of the
Smartlink X10 light switches through auto transformers and it would be much
neater to drive US bulbs directly. Screw style is fine.

Of course if we had some properly spec'd X10 kit available here I
wouldn't have this problem . I find it incredulous that there are still no
UK style X10 wall switches for two way switching circuits . Why can't they
just design a switch that works as an intermediate and it would work in all
scenarios. It can't be that much more difficult or expensive.. and then
there's the double switches...

.......'but the market isn't big enough' I hear them say ... well it
never will be if you can't produce suitable products to start it growing
.....  The X10 technology will have been outdated by the time they are in
production.... then I suppose they'll say ... 'I told you they wouldn't
sell' !

Kevin