Re: Newbie Questions

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 14:19 pm, you wrote:
> Specific Questions:
>
> Is X10 the only and best option? Who is the cheapest UK supplier? Are
the
> X10 wireless camera's any good? Will I be able to use a voice control
> application such as Dragon Naturally Speaking Prefferred to control
X10
> hardware?

X10 isn't the only, and depending on your application might not be the
best,
but it is certainly the most common (and cheapest?)

If you're planning a long term installation, look at using DIN modules
(AD10/LD11), or you could try the replacement wall switch units if you can
stand the sight of them (the product code escapes me).

I always use LetsAutomate for my X10 gear.

Pass on the other two questions.

> Also are any of you aware of any problems I may encounter taking X10
> hardware across the water to the two pronged world of Norwegian power
> sockets? I curently use a load of UK appliances here which I have
either
> re-plugged or use adaptors with...

I would guess that you will be OK. Though don't sue me.

--
,,,
(o o)