RE: FW: [dvduk] New Sky boxes (DVDUK : OT)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: FW: [dvduk] New Sky boxes (DVDUK : OT)
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:16:20 +0100

Have you noticed the artifacts creaping into some of the SKY channels
recently as they cram more channels on the same number of transponders
thereby reducing the bit rate.

I was watching Discovery the other night and a truck crossed a bridge in
about 5 or 6 noticable steps rather than smooth movement. Have also seen
the
picture refreshing on other channels particularly when there is a chop shot
from one camera to another.

Maybe they hope that Composite especially over UHF will mask some of this.

Keith

for an