Re: FW: [dvduk] New Sky boxes (DVDUK : OT)

Totally different experience there mate.

We have found Sky to be fine, start to finish.

We pay £15 a month, gets us everything we want (no movies, no sport)

Installation went smooth as hell, the Installation Engineer was brilliant!

Our Sky box has crashed *once*, so i don't think it's that buggy

We get stereo sound throughout (because we use composite distrib, not RF)

Well, gee, S-video is a US standard, here we use SCART. its only recently
that sets have started to come with NTSC capability, and S-video.

Customer Support has been courteous, fast and effective. we had a problem
with our subscriber records, which lost us all channels, quick phone call,
fifteen minutes later, all was well.

Sky may have some consistency problems, given that our experience has been
so wildly different...

Ian.