Re: Re: [Development] Lights functions required

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Re: [Development] Lights functions required
  • From: "james" <James@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:31:32 +0100

If I remember correctly on a standard lighting desk 70% on the fader is 50%
actual brightness. 95%-100% on the fader is un-noticable to the eye as is
0%
to 10%. www.zero88.co.uk (demux48)and www.etcconnect.com (expression desk)
have more info. Dimming curves in theatrical light is usually done on the
desk or the de-multiplexer, the actual dimmers are fairly dumb.  The main
reason to use the right curve is for crossfades. If a light fades down in
area A and then up in area B the overall intensity should remain constant,
aka the dipless cross-fade.

As a suggestion could the dimmer be able to sense its load so as to be able
report blown bulb or even incorrect bulb accross the network??

James T