From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul_gordon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 8:02 AM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] OT - CD/Vinyl Storage

I have a couple of these in my study, holding all my "spares"
bins etc..

They are *definately* very strong! - during assembly I was standing on
&=20
walking around on some of the shelves I had already mounted, - and I weigh=
=20
14stone!

being completely adjustable for shelf height, it's certainly extremely
easy=
=20
to make shelves exactly the right spacing for 12" vinyl, 7"
vinyl, CD's, or=
=20
whatever else.

Incidentally, the exact same range is sold in MFI, where I gelieve there
ar=

quite a greater range of shelf sizes & options available - IIRC Argos
only=
=20
have a selection of about 4 different units, in two basic sizes. They also=
=20
do add-on packs of just shelves, or just uprights, etc. I also believe the=
=20
same stuff is stocked in Ikea.

Very easy to assemble, and IMHO very nice-looking! - can't imagine what=20
SWMBO was objecting to! - OK, the do look a little bit industrial, but
then=
=20
they *are* used by a lot of shops as display racking, because they are
so=20
strong....

HTH

Paul G.

>From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] OT - CD/Vinyl Storage
>Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 07:41:35 +0100
>
>Argos do some very strong chrome wire framed shelving units (can't
remembe=
>what page but in the current catalogue I thing they're at the bottom of
>page on the left hand facing page) which a friend of mine is using for
his
>AV kit ... not my cup of tea and my missus used the words "Buy one
and I
>leave." But they are damn strong at at =A350 for a shoulder high
unit they=
're
>not at all bad value.
>
>Phil

=
=20
>Given
>     there are some serious music buffs on this list anyone know of
any=20
>good
>     quality modular music shelving out there?  If it could support=20
>dvds/vhs
>as
>     well that would be great.  I need space for about 600 cds and
1000+=20
>lps
>but
>     obviously I am going to need more than that pretty soon ;-)
>
>     thanks in advance
>
>           kieran

Service.

Service.