RE: CCTV

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: CCTV
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 18:03:39 +0100

A very good question Sir,

I have had it for quite a while now and have tried everything I can to
resolve the problem all to no avail.

In the instructions it says to make and test a cable using an LED and
resistor, well that works satis, I tried ASELNetDemo.exe from the ASEL
site,
no joy, I bought VB v6 as this version has Comm. port control, tried the
supplied VB coding still nothing, I have checked the location of the
jumpers
still no joy.

The jumper settings are:-
J1 - remover -9600 baud
J2 - Removed
J3 - J6 Removed = address of 0
J7 - Left hand side (furthest from power connection)

J8a - J8b - Installed
Chip set MAX306.

The only question left, apart from why does it not work, is when using the
MAX306 chip pair the diagram says Output 1(dual), what does that mean? do
they have to be connected (I have not), is this where I am going wrong?

I have been meaning to contact Ryan Sheldon on this problem but to be
honest
I got fed up with it!

I will buy you a drink or 2 if you can sort this!

Thanks in anticipation,

B.

ASEL.

> Andy