[Development] Lights, Micro selection

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [Development] Lights, Micro selection
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 07:46:48 -0000

Keith,

Looking up some prices and specs, I think a 16C63A might be a good=20
one, the JW part is 10.49 quid and as my ICE will emulate it i will=20
only need one or two for final testing/prototype, the production=20
skinny PDIP parts are only 2.60 quid, SM parts are the same price.

The 16C63 is good for me because it just a cut down 16C65 which my=20
prototype uses, this means that code changes on the triac part of tge=20
code will be small.

For anyone not who is not 'into pics' here is its basic spec from=20
Microchip

John

PIC16C63A is an EPROM-based microcontroller that features upward=20
compatibility and easy portability of code written for the PIC16C5X=20
and PIC12CXXX devices. This powerful yet easy- to- program (only 35=20
single word instructions) device contains 4096x14 words of program=20
memory, 192 bytes of user RAM and 5 MIPS performance @ 20MHz. This=20
peripheral-rich device includes Brown-Out-Reset (BOR), Power-On-Reset=20
(POR), three timer/counters, two Capture/Compare/PWM modules and two=20
serial ports. The synchronous Serial Port can be configured as either=20
a 3-wire Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI=99) or the 2-wire Inter-
Integrated Circuit (I2C=99) bus. This device also features a Universal=20
Synchronous Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter (USART) which is also=20
known as a Serial Communications Interface (SCI). The PIC16C63A has=20
22 I/O pins with 25mA source/sink per I/O. PIC16C63A fits perfectly=20
in applications ranging from high-speed automotive and appliance=20
motor control to low-power remote sensors, keyboards and telecom=20
processors. PIC16C63A is available in the following packages: 28 DIP
(SP), 28 SOIC 300mil(SO), 28 SSOP(SS), and 28 CERDIP=20