RE: [Development] Lights, 12 or 14 bit micro

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [Development] Lights, 12 or 14 bit micro
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 20:36:53 +0100

Hi John,

I dont believe the parts cost will be any higher, the 16Cxx parts cost less
than 8 x 12Cxx so that will save some money. Losing the PIC shouldnt be a
problem bacause the PIC would be optoisolated from the triacs.

In either option, if mains got back to fry the PIC it would almost
certainly
fry a few other things as well. Having said that, in all the lighting
controllers I have ever had to repair, the worst that happened was that the
triac took the opto isolator out as well but it didnt damage any of the
control electronics.

I have the connectors to fit the Rabbit. I cant get them in a 26 way (2x13)
so I bought the 80 way (2x40) as it said they were easily cuttable. I
figure
13+13+13=39 so very little wastage there then. WRONG.....you loose 1
position when you cut so you can only get 2 13's and a 12 from a 40.

I'm certain I can find a supplier for the 26 way given enough time but at
least I can work on a PCB layout.

Keith

It