RE: Subscriber Numbers

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Subscriber Numbers
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 11:24:21 +0100

Personally I think this is a great group ... we seem to have a reasonably sized group of active members who are knowledgeable and friendly without being anally retentive. People willing to help each other out and don't leap in screaming blue murder when someone (usually me I guess) pops in with an off topic posting or cry FAQ! FAQ! when someone asks about dimming low voltage halogens. We can have a joke between us all and we have our recognised "characters" too whom it really just wouldn't be the same without - I mean, who else here quietly looks forward to Tim and Mark locking antlers every so often! ;->

The UKHA_D "meet" up in London was great and just reinforced my belief that the active membership for this group is generally made up of good eggs from across a wide range of skillsets - it's not just geeks!

There's been a few groups that I've dropped off because they became boring or because there was too much in-fighting but I have to say that I'm very happy to pull up my email and see what's come in from you all.

Glad to be here - be interested to see what the rest of the 300+ members are up to though as I'm sure that there aren't 300+ regular contributors!

Phil