RE: Re: Anyone seen the X10 Mains Sockets on LetsAutomate?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Anyone seen the X10 Mains Sockets on LetsAutomate?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 10:22:53 +0100

You might be able to do that but it would not  be flush like the others in
the house it would stick out by about 25mm. Also sods law says the existing
box in the wall wouldnt be deep enough. If your going to have to dig the
wall out to replace the box then you may as well go the whole hog like
Tracey has done and fit AD10's in consumer units and feed individual
sockets. Its 15 quid per socket cheaper using an AD10.

Depends a lot on whether you are retrofitting or new installing though.
Also
depends on whether you have white sockets or Brass/Stainless/Chrome etc.
For
the metal faced ones a DIN module would be the only real option.

The X10 mains sockets will be a boon to those who can use them if they can
afford to effectively loose one socket for every double they replace. Sadly
most UK homes, even new builds of "standard homes"[1], are
desperately short
of sockets to start with. :-(

Keith

[1] Typical small 3 bed semi.