PIR and door contacts - was: Re: "Breaking" the latch on a pull switch

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: PIR and door contacts - was: Re: "Breaking" the latch on a pull switch
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 21:22:21 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Kenneth Watt" <kennethwatt@y...>
wrote:
> I used a PIR in the bathroom to bring on the lights, then this
started a
> timer that lasted about a minute.

Which PIR did you use? I was just about to order a couple MS13E but
noticed this:

"For use in-doors, or in sheltered outdoor positions where it will
not come into contact with rainfull/moisture "

Does this mean the MS13E is unsuitable for a bathroom which is
obviously going to generate a degree of moisture?

Also, what door contacts did you use? It would be nice if there was
some form of X10 RF door contact but I have come across any so far.

I really would like to get the bathroom light motion automated
especially for the night time dim since that has long been my
intention. I hadn't considered the door contact system before but as
you said it does have it's problems. The second sensor is to light
the path along the landing in a similar fashion in conjunction with
door contacts to cover "blind" areas without having lots of
motion
sensors.

Mark.