RE: Re: LD10 and "buzzing" fuse at the consumer unit

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: LD10 and "buzzing" fuse at the consumer unit
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:54:01 +0100

KAT5 - Excellent. :-)

Plumber - When the builder was doing my original bathroom refit he used to
turn up about noon, sit in his van for lunch for an hour, do a bit of work
and then about 4pm he went home.

A memorable quote from the film "The Money Pit" is "Two
Weeks" which was the
builders reply whenever asked how long the job would take. That must be the
first thing they learn in Cowboy^H^H^H^H^H^H Building School as that was
the
reply I always got.

I moved out to my Grandma's whilst the work was in progress....no toilet
syndrome.... but moved back after 8 weeks and put up with the mess while he
finished :-((

Keith

consumer unit

> Fair cop, gov ;-)
>
> As an aside, though. A mate of mine renovated a cottage a couple of
years
> ago. His bathroom got held up for 7 MONTHS because the plumber
> got half way
> through the job then kept cancelling. It turned out the plumber was
> freelancing as a web designer on the side, and was getting more money
for
> those contracts that the plumbing ones. Sadly, he wasn't honest to his
> plumbing clients about this ;-)
>

> By the way, your KAT5 stuff gets more and more useful as follows:
>
> In the "to dump" pile was a 21" FST telly.
>

> Open boot, in goes telly... Volume to zero... SCART to composite...
KAT5!