RE: Re: Anyone seen the X10 Mains Sockets on LetsAutomate?

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Anyone seen the X10 Mains Sockets on LetsAutomate?
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 14:40:13 +0100

It would have to be twin single sockets rather than a double which requires
more space.

Unless the electronics were actually built into a socket as the two sides
of
a double are fed from common terminals. I *think* X10 modules only read the
address at powerup therefore the power would have to be turned off for
address changes to be effective anyway. I once changed the address of a
module but it wasnt effective until after a power down/up cycle. Why would
you want to keep changing addresses anyway? Th eonly time I have changed an
adress was when moving a module from Lounge "L" to Kitchen
"K".

The double outlets on sale in the states only have one half controlled by
X10, the other is a normal socket.

Keith