Re: Anyone seen the X10 Mains Sockets on LetsAutomate?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Anyone seen the X10 Mains Sockets on LetsAutomate?
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 14:52:44 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "James Hoye" <james.hoye@s...> wrote:
> The other option you could consider is mounting a 1G box next to a
2G box
> and put a DIN appliance module into the 1G with a blanking plate on
the
> front.  I am assuming here that a DIN appliance module would fit
into a 1G
> 47mm box...  Not having any I don't know the physical dimensions.
>
> Just tried the above and my DIN MCB will NOT fit into a 1G box -
however it
> will fit into a 2G box.  It is only a single width module (I think
appliance
> modules require 2 ways), so a 47mm box would be necessary, which
would
> detract from the aesthetics (or WAF).

Well worth considering. I am glad I got my modules cheap since I am
very close to replacing all the mains sockets in the house now...
hehe.

> If Mike could make available the
> control unit as a standalone item, then I can see that fitting into
a 1G
> box.

That would probably work very well. It would depend on what the
switch does on the WS10 (if it is momentary a standard switched
socket would not work correctly) but if the switch was the problem,
using an unswitched socket would work around this while also removing
local control.

Here is hoping Mike release the control unit on it's own.

> http://www.egroups.co.uk/files/ukha_d/Pictures/box_DIN.jpg
shows

Cool.

The address threw me for a while. I didn't realise the egroups
addresses still worked since I have been using the yahoo one for so
long. Ended up subscribing again then having to unsubscribe when I
realised :)

Mark.