Yay!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Yay!
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 18:09:55 -0000

I now have all my lighting ring running with LD10s. Well the porch
light and office are currently on LW10. The porch light is not part
of the main lighting circuit, more a spur from it so will remain an
LW10 since the wiring is inaccessible. The office which is currently
using an LW10 will probably get converted. Even my two way landing
circuit works with the LD10 :>

Everything works great with the exception of the bathroom which is
currently a peculiar sequence of switching and waiting to turn on and
off using the pull cord while I try and break the latch without
completely rendering the switch useless.

I used 10 way Wickes consumer units (10 way only houses 4 LD10s) to
house the LD10s which I can definitely not recommend. The DIN rail is
only half a rail with MCB support being provided by the bus bar which
I had to remove. Once everything is put together, the DIN modules
seem quite secure but I know they are not fully seated on a DIN rail.
The units do allow splitting of the neutral bar which gave me my live
and neutral run for all the DIN modules. The lack of LED indicators
on the LD10 removes the need for the transparent front and the
consumer units are probably expensive for what they are. I may change
them to one from Lets Automate when they start stocking them.

The clipsal switches are excellent, although the momentary switches
and soft on/off are going to take a bit of getting used to. I have
almost worked out the operation after playing around so hopefully for
me at least it will soon become second nature.

The whole system should also lift right out very easily returning the
home a the normal mode if/when I move.

With only one electric shock from me being stupid, a few splinters
and grazes and an inability to get the same professionally fitted
look to my landing carpet that I had yesterday :( I am very pleased.

Anyway, best get back to setting all the house codes properly :)

Mark.