RE: Apologies and thanks

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Apologies and thanks
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennethwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 08:43:37 +0100

Tim,

I don’t have any trouble with OT posts as most in this group relate to something of interest to one or more of us anyway and usually they are either informative or just plain funny. Also often the OT posts do actually lead to something useful to many, like the HABUY or Project strings that have appeared, so I do not think that an apology is needed.

I have to say I find some of the OT posts fascinating reading and they are generally related to this group in some way, shape or form, like my own profession, I repair domestic appliances – totally unrelated to HA stuff, yet I know about all the automated products in advance of launch generally, I know what’s out there and I can figure out how to automate just about any appliance. Keith, is an electronics whiz as well as a BT engineer and we have so many programmers it would probably be hard to find as many at a Microsucks convention and there are many other talents and bits of knowledge n this group.

I like the fact that this group is the way it is and am perfectly contended to see it continue as is.

K.