KAT5 - an alternative viewpoint

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: KAT5 - an alternative viewpoint
  • From: Mark Harrison <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:50:48 +0100

Well,

Another satisfied customer now up and running with KAT5...

You should all read Mark McCall's excellent, and much more detailed, review
on www.automatedhome.co.uk, but here's my viewpoint:

Plus points:

Does exactly what it says on the tin
Plug and play
Good sound quality (see the test system)

Minus points:

Now I want the version with the IR control back
I also want the switcher ;-)

The test system:

Source:	Pioneer DVD-727
Routed through the tape loop of a Shearne Phase 2
amp

Replay system:
Pioneer A-400 amp
Mission 760iSE speakers

Sound quality:
What I'd expect from that Amp and those Speakers!
It felt cleaner than an old Pioneer LD player
plugged directly into the Pioneer Amp.

Regards,

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher