RE: Re: [Project] Kbd/LCD device

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: [Project] Kbd/LCD device
  • From: "Broadfoot, Kieran J" <Kieran.Broadfoot@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 17:23:08 +0100

Ant,

SNMP is not a bad idea but I am not a fan of programming or for that matter
working with MIBs.  Interestingly there is quite a nice correlation between
mibs and objects which we could employee ;-)

I still think a simple ascii protocol might be more than enough for now and
does allow us to pipe pretty much anything down it.  Given this it allows
the object model I suggested earlier self determine the meta data to be
shunted between console and device etc.

If we reach a concensus today I might start to put together some of the
network code tonight and post to the group as soon as so we can start to
iron out bugs and make sure it does as requested.

Thanks
kieran