LD10 Wiring Questions

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: LD10 Wiring Questions
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 15:37:22 -0000

Just ordered a load of LD10 and Clipsal kit from LetsAutomate to
finally get my lighting ring(s) automated so have been looking at the
Comfort site wiring diagrams.

My current intention is to provide ease of removal while fitting the
DIN modules so I am outlining my intended plan for comments and
suggestions and to ensure that I am not missing something obvious.

>From the diagrams on the comfort site, it seems I basically just need
to patch into the switched live at the ceiling rose (plus find the
source of the Neutral and Live connection for the other connectors).
In order to allow both home run to Node 0 and an easier removal
if/when I move house I am considering installing a junction box
at/near the rose to split the original switched live allowing me to
run cable to Node 0 for the DIN module and a simple rejoin of cables
should I remove it from the circuit.

This is probably a dumb question but it has me stumped at the moment.
The thing I don't quite follow is the source of the live/neutral
connection to the base of the LD10. Is this coming from the ring main
or somwhere on the lighting circuit?

A diagram that was a more complete representation of the circuits
involved would probably show this immediately so if anyone has any
links to other wiring diagrams for LD10/AD10 they would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.