RE: Re: [Project] Kbd/LCD device

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: [Project] Kbd/LCD device
  • From: "Broadfoot, Kieran J" <Kieran.Broadfoot@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 14:59:17 +0100

I would tend to avoid broadcast messages because we should not be
broadcasting messages beyond the subnet on which the device resides.  This
would limit us to only 254 addressable devices.  Now for me and my flat
thats more than enough but consider somewhere like black firs ;-)  Maybe in
the first instance we should use broadcasts and for larger environments
build a proxy type device to administer a subnet.

Just a thought

Kieran