RE: Re: [Project] Kbd/LCD device

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: [Project] Kbd/LCD device
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:55:53 +0100

Hi Andy,

I havent progressed down the Basic Stamp route. I did consider it but found
it much more expensive than a PIC. Since that time there have been a few
BASIC compilers written for the PIC.

I currently have zero knowledge of the Rabbit, minimal understanding of
Java, and when Keiran posted about all the programming stuff he lost me
probably quicker than I lost him with the electronics stuff.

The groups strength lies in having a very diverse range of skills
available.

ANY development work done by anyone will be helpful, either by saying
"Hey
Guys (and gals) this <widget/Program> is the Muts Nuts"  or
"dont do it like
that, been there, tried that, got the scars to prove it."

The whole Home Automation scene is one big learning curve for all of us. If
something currently takes you 4 hours, it will after a bit of practice take
you 2 hours, shortly after you will be up there with the others.

Everyones input is valuable because without ideas and feedback,
constructive
or otherwise, there would be nothing to set direction. Good luck with the
Basic Stamp, hopefully you will create a useful gizmo tha we can all make
use of.

Keith