Re: Re: [Project] Kbd/LCD device

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: [Project] Kbd/LCD device
  • From: "Andy Powell" <Andy@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 13:17:50 +0200

> I am truly very sorry if you feel you need the leave the project, the
> off list msgs account to about 10 messages only. At no time was there
> any intention to de-rail or divert the project.

That clears that up...but I don't see that you (or anyone else) has de-
railed the projects at all...

> Dont leave.  The LCD/KBD is not dead, but on its own it does little.

It's not the 'death' of the LCD/KBD device..(see below)

> Again please dont leave the group, your input/work is needed.

The choice of platform (Rabbit) and the choice of languages (Dynamic C,
Java) means that, as I have little or no knowledge of either, I am not in
a position to actively participate..this is extremely frustrating for
me.. as you may all know my electronics knowledge is basic at best and
well below par for the group (my soldering skills even worse), hence
my 'dipping of toes' in the the basic stamp waters. I feel that *I* need
to improve my knowledge.

So rather than ride on the coat-tails of the inevitable success of the
projects I felt it better to bow out (albeit not very gracefully, no
offence was intended) and 'go my own way' - more as a voyage of discovery
for myself. I've recently spent about 300 gbp on some stamp learning kits
and don't want to just 'bin' them (the wife would throw a fit) - I can
see that they are useful,even if only to give me the basic (no pun
intended) understanding of how the electronics works - perhaps as a pre-
cursor to getting a Rabbit.. but by the time I've done it I'd expect that
the group would be well ahead...

Please understand that it's more frustration with my own inability to
contribute than anything else, things that take me four hours to achieve
are going to take some of you ten minutes, and that's not productive for
the group....

Appologies for any offence that was caused by my previous message,

Andy

--- Tag-it! v2.0 (c) Andy Powell ,1998,1999,2000...and beyond..

Breakfast without coffee is like a Predator without ammo.