RE: Re: [Project] Lights was Foundations are in!

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: [Project] Lights was Foundations are in!
  • From: "Broadfoot, Kieran J" <Kieran.Broadfoot@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 17:15:23 +0100

Keith,

Interestingly pre the ukha project I spent some time thinking about a TINI
based system using the same functionality.  The idea being that each room
would have its own TINI managing the rooms sensor array plus local x10
control.  Given you have logical zoning with this design its not a huge
step
to envisage a time when each zone could act as a secondary for another
zone.
Loss of a zone control might limit your ability to get data from the
sensors
but would allow limited functionality of the devices in the zone.

My job entails building highly available clusters of machines and it would
be nice to have similar functionality within my abode ;-)

Thanks
Kieran