Re: [Development] Lights, using two micros.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [Development] Lights, using two micros.
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 08:52:31 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Keith Doxey" <ukha@d...> wrote:

> The Rabbit is a very powerful processor caqpable of high level
comms with
> the outside world. Let that handle the clever stuff and let a few
low cost
> PIC's do the mundane tasks. That way the Rabbit can be a fairly
general CPU
> a bit like a PC, and the PIC devices become the "bolt-ons".

Agreed.

What about the Triac's, fuse, protection relay, maybe opto iso on
there own board, one board per channel.It might reduce production
costs 100 boards v 25 and allow users to decide the number of
channels they need. Also if a triac goes short circuit, the board can
be replaced without effecting the rest of the unit.

I will try and find my circuit sketches for the prototype, but I am
certain yours (Keith's) will be much superior. (come to think about
IRC most of the ideas came from you).

By the way my idea of holding the protection relay closed with the
triac drive pulse, never got into into the prototype, but i still
think it could be usefull. It also means you can still switch off a
unit with a short circuit triac, as shortly after the drive pulse
stops the protection relay will open. What do you think Keith ?

John