Re: Re: Foundations are in!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Re: Foundations are in!
  • From: "Campbell" <c.macd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 00:23:28 +0100

Having to retrofit cables is not much fun (and I live in a bungalow). As
many have noted there are numerous uses for the cat 5 cabling. These
include
but are not limited to pc network, video distribution throughout, audio
distribuiton (maybe not for the purists), Infra red routing, quick alarm
connections etc.

Personally I have Comfort as my main alarm unit and Home automation. It is
located next to three x48 cat 5 patch panels (only one nearly filled so
far), I have routed cat 5 to most rooms, the rest will be done when I can
get underfloor access. It is also routed to my greenhouse and summerhouse
(hut) outside and will run also to my weatherstation (soon). There are a
number of cctv's around the house which are also routed.

I have set up Comfort with a number of links to the patch panel, which can
then easily be used for linking to extra devices e.g. door contact on
greenhouse, which when opens announces the zone on the keypad similar with
side gate etc .

There are 2off TM12U's giving total of 32 different operating codes, this
with a few remotes and mainly plug in modules give good control of lights
in
the house and garden.

When running cables, it is wise to run the ct100 or better coaxial to all
required tv points. This will enable fitting sky etc easy.

Campbell