Re: 1-wire Samples

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: 1-wire Samples
  • From: "Nick Broughton" <mail@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:42:30 +0100

Hmm.  This is another of those jobs that I thought I might get around to
one
day, but it's been a way down the list so I haven't been paying much
attention to Dallas threads.  However a 'bargain' can easily change one's
priorities, even Mrs Harris would have to accept free as a bargain, surely,
Phil?

So, what do I need to do to get temperature monitoring back to a PC and
HomeSeer?  Do any of the 1-wire devices give light intensity (I'm thinking
of daylight sensing for HomeSeer)?  Am I barking up the wrong tree?  Apart
from i-Buttons (can't think of any application that I have for them except
access control and that would be a bit of a leap of faith at the moment!)
what else might I want from Dallas in a simple (lights and a few appliances
only - so far) HA setup?  Do I just put these devices on a CAT5 cable or do
they need to be built into a circuit?

Regards

Nick