That would be cool! #56

  • To: "UKHA" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: That would be cool! #56
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennethwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:32:53 +0100

The most dangerous thought in the HA circuit is the "wouldn't that be
cool",
then you proceed to spend countless hours and much hard earned on trying to
achieve something that most people just wouldn't think of, nor want!

Anyway, I digress, I had an idea and my guess is that one of you all round
smart guys will have an answer.

If I want to use ACE TTS engine to do announcements from HV etc and I want
to pipe that all round the house how do I do it? Now before you jump the
gun, it's not that simple, as if it would be ;o) The catch is that I want
the announcement not to happen in some rooms at pre-determined times (kids
room) and yet in the rest of the house and I want the TTS to announce
through an amp if it's running, tough one, don't think that's a
possibility!

The speakers and the amplification to a whole house system, or routing a
line-level to each system in each room is a piece of cake, I can wire HI-FI
in my sleep now with my hands tied, but getting the system to behave the
way
I want is, as far as I can see next to impossible!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

K.