RE: Well OT : Post Office

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Well OT : Post Office
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:36:45 +0100

*chuckle* How many HA newsgroups would give you answers t  debt collection
questions?

The Bailiff did have a court order t  sieze goods t  the value of £3,500
from the registered address of Mr. Copeland ... this had - according t  the
paperwork which he had in his possession which he showed us - been granted
by the courts in Mr. Copelands abscence.

The Bailiff was actually telling us how he would have broken into our house
using a couple of small windows which we believed to be pretty safe to
leave
cracked open however it seems that what had happened is that the Copelands
had moved from the property *AFTER* these proceedings had started, further
mail t  the property had been ignored by the following owners (the
Gerharts)
for the 18 months that they had been here and then we bought the place. It
just happened that about two weeks after we moved in then we got this
letter
from the Bailiffs offices saying that due to non-payment of the fines then
the Baliff was allowed to gain entry by any means necessary to allow
siezure
of goods ... so I assume that the lad (who was the son of the owners at the
time) had defaulted on whatever deal had been made.

Phil