RE: Automating the Electric Projection screen

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Automating the Electric Projection screen
  • From: "ewenjc" <ewenjc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:34:20 +0100

This might be a few days late but I've only just got upt date reading about 100 digest messages after a few days away.

You need to be careful if it comes with a none standard switch.  The roof vents in our conservatory had a switch with two rockers; one t open and one t close.  The motor would work fine if it got live on the open or close wire but it might "blow-up" if it got power on both.  To stop this happening the switch would only fed power t the second rocker if the first was not active.  I would imagine the projector screen could have a similar motor.

If you are replacing this type of switch don't feed both relays with live but feed the second relay with the N/C (is this the right one, its the one you don't normally use) of the first relay.  My roof vents have two manual rocker switches and two relays (driven by comfort) configured so only one can be live at once and if two are pressed it will close (I thought this was safest for security reasons).

-Ewen

Message: 23