Appliance turning Appliance Module on

  • To: "Ukha_D" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Appliance turning Appliance Module on
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel.giddings@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 10:18:47 +0100

Hi,

I am using an AM12U appliance module t  control the dishwasher.

It is set-up t  run the Dishwasher over night (Economy 7)with the option of
a 2 hour override at any time. This is done using the Pront  and Homeseer
S/W.

SWMBO also known as the CDO (Chief Dishwasher Operator) actually likes the
arrangement, something t  do with 'Merlin' confirming the override when it
is activated. The same set-up also exists on the Washing Machine / Dryer.

The problem is that if the AM12U is off, the Dishwasher switch (in the
Dishwasher) is on and I turn the programme dial on the dishwasher as I pass
thru the various programmes the AM12U turns on !

I checked the log on Homeseer to make sure it didn't send or see any X-10
activity, all clear.

I suppose there is a large capacitor across the pump and this affecting the
AM12U ? I wonder if anyone else has had this problem, and more t  the
point,
fixed it !!

Regards

Nigel