RE: _Measuring_ power.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: _Measuring_ power.
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:05:04 +0100

It has t  clamp round ONE conductor NOT the cable.

By clamping it around either Live or Neutral it will pick up the magnetic
field generated by the flow of current and give a reading. If you clamp
round BOTH Live and Neutral by clamping round the sheathed cable you will
pick up two magnetic fields. These fields will be of equal strength but
opposite polarity and will cancel out giving you a zero reading.

You can make a plug in adaptor for your ammeter by getting a 13A plug and
13A socket and wiring
E t  E, N t  N, L t  Ammeter t  L.

Keith

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/