RE: Dream world? - Digiguide control

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Dream world? - Digiguide control
  • From: "Doogie Brodie" <doogiebrodie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:49:52 +0100

> I have been looking at using the Microsoft Scriptit.exe t  launch an
> MP3 recorder and set it t  record but I am stumped as t  how t  tell
> it t  trigger from Digiguide....

Easy(ish!) - once you've got everything setup t  do what you want, set a
reminder on the programme, set the options for the time you want (eg 5 mins
before), set external program, set the filename and arguments you want.....

>From the help file

$TimeStart	The programme start date and time. You can optionally format the
start time by adding some format parameters in brackets e.g.
$TimeStart(%m/%d/%Y %H:%M) would return "2/28/2000 23:45".

Note that if no formatting is given, then the default (%d/%m/%Y %H:%M) is
assumed. See the Formatting start and end times t pic for more information.
$TimeEnd	The programme end date and time. You can optionally format the end
time by adding some format parameters in brackets e.g. $TimeEnd(%m/%d/%Y
%H:%M) would return "2/28/2000 23:45".
Note that if no formatting is given, then the default (%d/%m/%Y %H:%M) is
assumed. See the Formatting start and end times t pic for more information.

$ProgrammeName	Full programme name
$Description	Full description of the programme
$Duration	Duration of the programme in minutes
$ChannelName	Name of channel broadcasting the programme
$ChannelID	Channel number assigned in Select Channels

are all the arguments so you'd probably want the duration t  st p
recording.

I've not done much with this except trying the SMS stuff
(http://www.digiguide.com/dg/faq/emailreminders.shtml)
which didn't work
well due t  Genie ;->

HTH!