Re: Fw: Carphone Warehouse Scam message is a Hoax....

Are you sure this is a hoax? i hate to waste further bandwidth on the
subject, however did receive and confirm an email from BT Cellnet
highlighting the issue 2 days ago.
Although no idea where the Carphonewarehouse idea came from..

Matthew.

Phil Harris wrote:

> Then I stand corrected and appologise for wasting peoples time...
>
> Phil

Hoax....

Customer Care
> > > Department.
> > >
> > > They have received numerous calls this morning to verify the
story, and
> > can
> > > confirm that this message did *not* come from David Ross,
and is *not*
> > from
> > > the Carphone Warehouse.
> > >
> > > This Scam has been writent about in the Times t day,
however, Carphone
> > > Warehouse are not certain that it was true at any time.
> > >
> > > Good Advice is t  treat Mobile Phones, or the Internet like
any other
> > media:
> > > if someone walked up t  you in the street and asked you to
> > phone a number,
> > > you would not do so.
> > >
> > > Please inform the person that sent you this message that it
is
> > a verified
> > > hoax. Do *NOT* send this message "t  everyone you
know" as this will