RE: Suggestions for heating control system?

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Suggestions for heating control system?
  • From: Mark Harrison <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:25:55 +0100

Matt,

I'm assuming that you want full independant control of each zone, rather
than simply a master "on/off" which is then accepted/bypassed by
room/specific stats.)

Homevision, plus an expansion board for the relays t  control the valves,
with some X-10 thermostats, would be more than capable of doing what you
want, and relatively straightforward t  get working. However, it would be a
very expensive way t  go, not so much because HomeVision is overpriced
(it's
not), but because X-10 thermostats are.

The next option, again based around HomeVision, is to use digital 'stats
wired t  the digital inputs. I've not done this (yet - but will do when I
do
my loft conversion), but some members on the group have experience.

The other suggestion is to talk t  someone like Dave Robbens (of Dave
Robbens underfloor heating), whose company always seems willing t  give
advice.

Regards,

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher